Friday, March 30, 2007

Recognition Day

All I can say is that I have well achieved in this school year because, I have studied a lot harder and since college is just another year away, I really have to start getting more and more serious. When I think about it, I really had my ups and downs during the school year. The worst is when I recieved a red mark in my chemistry during 2nd quarter. Yet even when I had felt the pain of not doing my very best, I promised myself that I would pass. I really wanted to pass not only for the sake of my future but also for God's glory. God has really been on my side even before I started my junior year. Well, God has entirely been on my side even when before I was born. I vowed myself that I will always do my best for God and God alone. Yesterday was our recognition day and I never thought about my card ever since. Well, maybe it was because of the DVBS that placed my mind off the card. I was not actually afraid of getting my card. I had felt a peace inside me and that I felt God was really there for me. Before I arrived at school, my mom told me that I had an award. When I arrived at school, the first thing that greeted me was the wind which was a pleasant surprise since the weather was so hot. The first sight that greeted me was my classmates then the next sight that greeted me was a dead bird. Luckily, it did'nt smell. When we were already at the community hall and the program started, I was just checking my inbox when suddenly I heard a person recieved a lot of awards, I was so shocked that when I looked up, the person recieving the award was no other than one of my church shotis. Then afterwards, I saw other students recieve their awards when I also saw some of my other shotis and shobes(not biologically) recieve their awards. Boy, was I proud they were my shotis and shobes. When our year level was called, I was not really excited about it since I was thinking more about my card. When it was our time to line up, me and my classmates were told that we should always smile, say thank you, take one step forward, bow, and still smile. Well i was able to look presentable in front of the students, teachers and the parents. When I took my seat the first thing I really checked was my card. I passed my junior year with good grades and Iam not going to take summer classes!!! I was like screaming on the inside but behaved on the outside. Think about irony. Then we were about to line up once again to get our service awards. Given the same instructions once more, we did the same thing. When I was about to go home, I really felt God's prescence with me. I felt like this school year was a battle, and I know deep down it was God's battle and I know that we won this battle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment