Friday, March 30, 2007

DVBS Trading Places

This week has been a blast! I really enjoyed helping out in DVBS this year. The theme for this year is "Trading places" in which we taught students what it's like to trade places with someone you don't know. This year I'm assigned to the Kinder 2 students. I really love those kids because they were so willing to listen and learn and they are so cute and adorable!
I really enjoyed helping in songleading the preschoolers during assembly time because, I would get to see everyone from toddlers to kinder 2. Some of them would really imitate what the actions are. And when we have to shake our booty, they would also do the same thing. Cute!
I have the chance of teaching bible verses to the little kids and they really want it to be more and more challenging. They can really take on a challenge. They would sometimes want me to just erase the whole verse and when I did, they were like yay!
Last wednesday, we had a surprise for the whole community, we had a musical with the crusaders choir. I was with our Youth Drama Team. We did the acting while the choir did the singing and we have a guest actor! Cammi!!! Yes we had a camelion in our midst. Not to worry it's just a mascot but I'm not telling anyone who is in it. Well, I played one of the lead roles, Emma. My character was like I'm a girl who went an around the world tour visiting other children for Christ. In the play, it mainly talked about the bible stories we learned (and taught) to the kids. I really did my part well and at the end, my students went up to the stage to congratulate me. Most of the people said I really did a good job acting. Even the camelion said I was so good. I could'nt have done it without God on my side! God really helped me even though I was nervous. To God be the glory!
Tomorrow will be our last day of DVBS and the start of Pre-con! I'm sure the guys in the mascot will happily put away their costume after tomorrow! I'm sure gonna miss leading the kids in singing praises to God. I will also miss especially my cute and adorable students! They were so attentive in listening as I taught them bible verses Awww...
Most importantly, I will really miss the kid's happy smiles. I thank God for the opportunity He gave me. I also want to thank Him for being there for me during the musical. I want to thank Him for giving me even the time to just make the decorations for the kids. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment